Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /hermes/bosnaweb11a/b2191/ipw.cavejunc/public_html/bboard/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Rumor about new HOTEL & golf course on Rockydale?
   Google Site Search

I.V. Community Forum
December 16, 2017, 12:07:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: For those who had problems using the spell checker, it is now working properly again.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rumor about new HOTEL & golf course on Rockydale?  (Read 7023 times)
MouseBandit

« on: February 12, 2006, 01:21:54 PM »

Hello everyone.  I am sure glad to see this forum up for the folks in CJ.  It doesn't look like it's being used much, but I'll spread the word to everyone I know, and see if we can get some traffic.

My question is about a rumor going around that there is a new Hotel (not motel) and golf course coming in on Rockydale Rd.  This supposedly came from the mayor himself.  Apparently, this will be a multi-million dollar resort-type vacation destination.  

This rumor comes on the heels of a report that Asante will be constructing a full-on hospital in the valley in the next 5 years.  This is apparently NOT the new clinic - this will be a complete hospital.  

Anyone have any new info on these matters?  I am hoping they are just vicious rumors with no basis in fact, but I'm afraid they might be true and coming soon to a pasture near us.  

Thanks!
Tracey aka Mouse Bandit
Admin
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 03:02:38 PM »

I heard that the existing golf course was going to expand to 18 holes.

Oregonaunty was moderating this forum for a while, but I haven't heard from her in a while, so I assume she moved on to other things. I would also like to see more traffic at this forum. Some of the posts are getting lots of views but there hasn't been a lot of participation.
MouseBandit

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 04:34:49 PM »

Yes, I had heard that about the existing golf course too.  I hope that is all it is, or that the mayor is just projecting out hoped-for development projects, but I have long feared the expansion of our sleepy little town.  I'll make sure to try and get some others on this board.  CJ needs a convenient way for everyone to communicate about goings-on!

Mouse Bandit
VeggieMom

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2006, 11:22:41 AM »

Oh please tell me this didn't really happen...Hope this place picks up...I am so homesick for CJ ...this is great I came across this forum...:)

"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?"
- Abraham Lincoln
caoimhin

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 04:59:56 PM »

Hi! I'm new here, just joined. I own property off Rockydale Rd and was wondering if there is any new information about any commercial building like mentioned above going on. I really hope to build my retirement home in Cave Junction and hope the area maintains it's small, rural community atmosphere. I don't mind a hotel or resort, but, Rockydale Rd. seems to be mostly single family homes, farms, ranches. Not where I would expect to find a hotel.

What does anyone else think?
T&T

CJ
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 10:05:34 AM »

Hi everyone I'm new here, my wife and I bought a home in CJ last March and will move there in about a year. We love the town and mostly the people, they're so friendly, the way it should be. I'm reading about new hotels and golf courses in CJ, is it true or just rumors? We'd like CJ to stay small, BUT we understand jobs are a good thing.

Take care all,
T&T
Admin
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2006, 05:53:31 AM »

I heard that the golf course was going to expand to 18 holes and some new (fancy) houses would be built around it. The north end of town has been expanding and the Siskyou clinic is moving across from the golf course into a new building. I don't have any information on when any of this is supposed to happen. I think the housing boom is slowing so things could be cooling down some.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: