Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /hermes/bosnaweb11a/b2191/ipw.cavejunc/public_html/bboard/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
"THEY" are rich, let's spend some more
   Google Site Search

I.V. Community Forum
December 16, 2017, 05:52:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: For those who had problems using the spell checker, it is now working properly again.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "THEY" are rich, let's spend some more  (Read 5552 times)
I.M.E.
Veteran

« on: April 12, 2011, 06:39:03 PM »

There are 6.91 billion people on earth.  America's debt is $14.2 trillion.  If every man, woman, and child on the planet decided to help us pay this debt, they would need to pay $2,055 each.  And the democrats think we don't have a spending problem, but rather that we simple don't tax the rich enough.
Rick

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 10:15:07 PM »

Glen Beck logic.
Rick

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 07:26:35 AM »

Oh, and if jerks like IME would stop opposing everything that Obama proposes, maybe things could be improved. -  NO PERSONAL ATTACKS, I WON'T WARN YOU AGAIN!

Such fools! Supporting Fox News republicans that in no way represent the needs of most of Americans.

Obama can truly lead us to recovery, if you don't let the big money influence peddlers convince you otherwise.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 10:11:16 PM by Admin » Logged
billy-bob
Guru

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 09:48:38 AM »

Obama gave a good speech this morning. Yes, the rich do need to be taxed on income as we are here at the bottom of the economic chain. If we pay our fair share why should not they? Fair is fair. Why should we get to carry the load.
Cut out all of the over spending like when Halliburton fraudulently was paid for  things they did not provide. The GAO needs to be more vigilant and accountable. Perks and outlandish benefits had a big part in the condition that exists today. What ever happened to "twas blind but now I see?"

GOD , I'm still here!
I.M.E.
Veteran

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 07:58:29 PM »

Actually, it's the entitlement programs that are bankrupting us.  That and Obama and the democrats spending 50% more than they take from us taxpayers.  The poor in America have cars, cell phones, satillite/cable TV, ipods, computers, flat screen TV's, and they're fat.  Maybe welfare pays too much?
I.M.E.
Veteran

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 08:02:52 PM »

Oh, and why do democrats do so much name calling?
Sincerely, Moron Jerk Fool
Admin
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 09:32:31 PM »

Look what Geithner and the Bernanke did. This article will make you sick!
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-real-housewives-of-wall-street-look-whos-cashing-in-on-the-bailout-20110411

excerpt:
"Now, following an act of Congress that has forced the Fed to open its books from the bailout era, this unofficial budget is for the first time becoming at least partially a matter of public record. Staffers in the Senate and the House, whose queries about Fed spending have been rebuffed for nearly a century, are now poring over 21,000 transactions and discovering a host of outrages and lunacies in the "other" budget. It is as though someone sat down and made a list of every individual on earth who actually did not need emergency financial assistance from the United States government, and then handed them the keys to the public treasure. The Fed sent billions in bailout aid to banks in places like Mexico, Bahrain and Bavaria, billions more to a spate of Japanese car companies, more than $2 trillion in loans each to Citigroup and Morgan Stanley, and billions more to a string of lesser millionaires and billionaires with Cayman Islands addresses.

Christy is the wife of John Mack, the chairman of Morgan Stanley. Susan is the widow of Peter Karches, a close friend of the Macks who served as president of Morgan Stanley's investment-banking division. Neither woman appears to have any serious history in business, apart from a few philanthropic experiences. Yet the Federal Reserve handed them both low-interest loans of nearly a quarter of a billion dollars through a complicated bailout program that virtually guaranteed them millions in risk-free income. The technical name of the program that Mack and Karches took advantage of is TALF, short for Term Asset-Backed Securities Loan Facility. But the federal aid they received actually falls under a broader category of bailout initiatives, designed and perfected by Federal Reserve chief Ben Bernanke and Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, called "giving already stinking rich people gobs of money for no f!@#ing reason at all." If you want to learn how the shadow budget works, follow along. This is what welfare for the rich looks like."
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 10:28:28 PM by Admin » Logged
billy-bob
Guru

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 10:54:29 AM »

Where did the Ethics go; or was there ever any?

GOD , I'm still here!
Admin
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 03:32:57 PM »

You know what they say "power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely"
I.M.E.
Veteran

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 04:50:08 PM »

Term limits would help.  So would somehow connecting politician's pay and benefits to the social and fiscal health of their districts/states/nation.
Admin
Administrator
Guru

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2011, 06:03:39 PM »

Members of the FOMC, including the chairman, are appointed by the president to serve 14 year terms. The FOMC is politically independent from the administration,  so that politics (supposedly) don't influence the setting of monetary policy.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 06:32:21 PM by Admin » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: