Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /hermes/bosnaweb11a/b2191/ipw.cavejunc/public_html/bboard/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Pitbull Attack, dog/dog, at the beach
   Google Site Search

I.V. Community Forum
December 17, 2017, 10:10:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: For those who had problems using the spell checker, it is now working properly again.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pitbull Attack, dog/dog, at the beach  (Read 4753 times)
gemgal

« on: October 25, 2009, 07:03:47 AM »

OMG
You never believe it or think the worst until it happens to you.

Sat Oct 24 around 11am we got to Kellogg Beach just north of Crescent City for a relaxing fun day after working on our new O'Brien property for weeks with few breaks.Foggy but a warm beautiful day... Perfect for agate hunting and strolling along to the pounding of the surf...

We left the truck and walked through the dunes to the beach with our 10 month old spayed female heeler/lab mix pup on her leash close beside us. We never let her loose until we are out of sight of all humans,since being a playful youngster she might run off to visit them. so,Suddenly from 50 yards a pitbull charged us,flew onto our pup rolling her out of my grasp and viciously bit on her throat and pinned her,then kept biting until he was on top with her snout flat on the sand and her yelping piteously. I was screaming  NONONONO and my husband who is recovering from a fall was trying to ward off the dog with a walking stick(no reaction from the monster who felt nothing) and screaming at the F**ing owner to GET THEIR F***ing Dog! The pitbull just wanted to harm our pup and nothing else phased him.

The fact was :the pitbull was just a "machine" in full attack mode and humans yelling meant nothing to him.With no provocation he'd thrown us into shock and terror so fast we were just blindsided!

The older woman owner and her middle aged daughter arrived panting and shell shocked and dragged the beast off our pup. "He's never done anything like this" the woman said and she got out of there fast dragging him away. He obeyed his "mom". The daughter kneeled by me in the sand where I was hugging my howling whining pup and I screamed at her about a "public beach" and "irresponsibility". I sat up and petted my terrified dog and she said "Oh your dog is OK. He'll be punished by being put in the truck the rest of the day" and she vanished.

Long story short:  It all happened so fast and we were both in so much shock we didn't get their names or numbers. Our dog had frothy slobber on her and we just wanted to wash her in the ocean and get her happy again.It was only later when she was responding normally and wagging her tail again that we finally inspected for wounds. OH NOOOOOOO!

Dogs always do dominance fights and we just didn't "get it" that pitbulls are different. Our dog had three serious puncture wounds and we had to drive hours all the way to the only open vet in Medford. This first bill was $510.00. Our pup has a drain in her neck and is on pain and antibiotic pills for a week...

I used to be one of the stupid people that said "Judge the incident or dog,not the breed".Judge the owners who train them...
That is crap.

The dog that tried to kill ours was acting on pure bred INSTINCT.There was no recognition of his surroundings in his eyes.He charged from 50 yards because something about our happy domestic pup "set him off". The old woman owner never trained the dog to be anything other than a pet. Both woman looked shell-shocked as we were the brief time they were there.

My great horror is not our just our dog's injury or the bill, it's that those two women don't know the damage that "PET" caused. If a vein had been hit our dog could have bled out before we got help. They didn't know their pitbull had caused puncture wounds. NORMAL DOGS DON"T DO THAT! Domestic dogs fight to dominate not to wound and kill! Now that he's tasted blood he'll probably kill the next victim....and it could be a human child since provocation had nothing to do with the attack.

BE PREPARED  for PITBULL ATTACK no matter where you are!
This could have happened in a parking lot too since the bull was dragging his leash.I am now a total biggot against this foul breed and believe it's ALL in their breeding, PERIOD! I'm 55 and my husband 62 with a lifetime of dogs and niether of us had ever seen anything like this.
We are both getting pepper spray to carry on a belt for the rest of our lives.  We really don't know if spray would have stopped him either but kicking and commanding and two old retired people flailing at him DID NOTHING. We were helpless.
 It was as bad as being in a car wreck.
billy-bob
Guru

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 01:06:59 PM »

I can totally identify with your post. Four years ago I was walking my two little dogs along Redwood Highway in Kerby when we were attacked by two pitbulls which had escaped from a puny chicken wire fence. I was bitten, but my dogs were okay. A neighbor lady saw what happened and told me she had been attacked by the same dogs two weeks before. Supposidly the dog that bit me was put down or taken away but I am not so sure of that. Yes people should be responsible for their dogs but a lot of them are so ignorant about the situations that may occur. Today whenever I feel threatened by a dog when I am out walking my dogs I get a terrible headache. I really do wish people were not so ignorant about what could happen.

GOD , I'm still here!
gemgal

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 04:25:13 PM »

Yow,I'm sorry YOU got bit!
Over time I've calmed down but I still have the same opinion(pit bulls suck).
Good old hindsight shows that despite our innocence WE were the ones who were not prepared! I've had a "survivalist" hobby for years and there I was, NOT prepared! What a irony. We thought we had moved to Civilization!hahahahaha. Lots more "danger" here than out in the wilds where we always had what we needed.
So we have jogger's wrist strap pepper spray now, but overall I still think that Canada and New Zealand are very smart countries to ban pit bulls!
Happy Holidays!     
SELMA_GIRL!

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 08:00:00 PM »

IM SORRY ABOUT YOUR DOG AND A PERSON GETTING BIT!! I KNOW WHAT IT IS LIKE!! BUT IT IS REALLY ON HOW YOU TRAIN YOUR DOG! MY AUNT HAS A PIT AND HE THINKS HE IS A LITTLE LAP DOG!! BUT THEN AGAIN DOGS CAN TURN ON YOU FOR NO REASON!!
Rick

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 04:18:56 AM »

Yep,

We got a .25 auto several years ago, but after a few years, we stopped carrying it with us. Just an added weight that we never needed.
Thanks for the reminder. I think we will start carrying it again.
Pitbulls should be banned. Too bad there are a lot of people, around here in particular,
that don't mind tempting fate.
If that would have happened to us, and I had my little gun, that pit would have had a couple of small caliber slugs in it's brain.

billy-bob
Guru

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 01:31:34 PM »

I was wondering; since I still have unhealed injuries from the attack after 5 years if the term mayhem (the crime of) would apply as there is no statue of limitations on mayhem.
any lawyer types out there?

GOD , I'm still here!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: