Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /hermes/bosnaweb11a/b2191/ipw.cavejunc/public_html/bboard/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
MOVING 2 U! TELL ME about areas/neighborhoods "flavors" ! :)
   Google Site Search

I.V. Community Forum
December 16, 2017, 12:02:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: For those who had problems using the spell checker, it is now working properly again.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MOVING 2 U! TELL ME about areas/neighborhoods "flavors" ! :)  (Read 4545 times)
gemgal

« on: September 13, 2008, 09:51:42 AM »

Hello!
We are planning to move to IV after my online studies for a year AND  visiting (a week ago)and feeling it would be a welcome change and good "retirement" for us.We had some terrific fun conversations with several local shop keepers and I want a garden!We now live in snow country-like 5 months of it,in eastern Or. It's total peace and No crime or noise  or traffic here BUT....no PEOPLE we like either! IV has great interesting diversity and we LOVED our visit!  Except it was so noisy and traffic ridden and BUSY !!! You see, we ARE NOT like city people who think it's "calm" out your way! We have known a REALLY quiet and safe area!!! SO-

Finding a home long distance is a bear!
 Some "neighborhoods" within your area speak for themselves-CJ(we do NOT want to be IN any town but love your businesses),Selma,Kerby,OBrien,Westside CJ,Takilma, BUT I'm looking at many homes in areas we didn't drive around in!

The OUTSIDE spots appeal to us most.

HEY LOCALS! What is the South of CJ and East of the highway area like for water wells being good?Or crime or noise? There are several homes with nice trees and 4 or more acres but no well-logs listed.Names like Pinewood,Fernwood,Mesa Verde and RockyDale.....

Places that LOOK perfect but we don't know the neighbors or water is like,like Queen of Bronze&Cowboy Way that sold last month and the one that didn't sell yet on a Happy Camp knoll....

What is the area North of Wilderville and West of Grants Pass like for gardening? There is a forest home out there but never had a garden....Could we trust the water and noise level or is it "crazy" up nearer GP???   

Of course we can't find any ForSaleBy Owner listings long distance either. Maybe our dream home at a reasonable price isn't listed!!!! 
ANY help or info would be appreciated! We are serious!

I already have a fun dialog going e-mail with Kokopeli so no need to refer me to Him on this board!

Let me know about your neighborhood!and if we should look in your corner of IV! We want to retire peaceful and happy and contribute to our local area!
MANY THANKS to all who respond!!!    GemGal and VietnamVet for PEACE!

CJ Resident
Veteran

wtf?

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 10:34:01 AM »

I suggest looking up the Police Blotter in the local fish wrapper archives and look for some of the places you listed in your post. Some of them show up quite frequently. Subscribe to the wrapper and keep track of the spots identified in the blotter.
The entire area is riddled with good pockets and not so good pockets whether you be in town or not. These are going to be pretty hard to determine via phone or internet as there are less than a handful of Real Estate agents in town that will divulge this info, since sales have been so bad these last several months. And those that have found they've purchased in a bad area sure as heck aren't going to tell you that if you're willing to fork over some green.

When seconds matter, the police are only minutes away.
gemgal

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 02:17:59 PM »

aaaaaaah the fish wrapper!!! , good idea! And I thought "pockets" was a dental term!........        grin
CJ Resident
Veteran

wtf?

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 04:32:36 AM »

If you don't have it already this will get you started:p
http://illinois-valley-news.com/archive/2008/09/10/index.html

gemgal

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 07:51:06 AM »

Thank you CJ Res, I'd found it and read this weeks  police and saw that "pocket" of so much current activity too!  sad  Drat, and I loved all those trees out that direction sooo much.......  We want privacy but good gardening too. Internet searching is a bear anyway;we need to get back and look around again. Our first trip was to "feel" it all out ,not house hunt,so we didn't drive enough neighborhoods yet!       gemgal
CJ Resident
Veteran

wtf?

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 12:12:08 AM »

Not in CJ but shows why you need to look at EVERY aspect of a potential new homesite.
http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080915/NEWS/809150305

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: