Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /hermes/bosnaweb11a/b2191/ipw.cavejunc/public_html/bboard/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Not controlling dogs...
   Google Site Search

I.V. Community Forum
December 16, 2017, 03:20:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: For those who had problems using the spell checker, it is now working properly again.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Not controlling dogs...  (Read 3978 times)
Memyselfandi

« on: August 25, 2008, 06:49:47 AM »

Why is it so difficult here for dog owners to control their dogs and keep them on their own property?

I am a dog owner and mine stays at home because they were taught to do so.  However, I have a neighbor's stupid bird dog coming onto my property (day and night) challenging me, chasing the smaller of my dogs, tracking my chickens and trying to get at them and the owner does nothing.

So, here is the question...as I am not originally from this state but from a state that allows us to dispatch the dog.  What do you do if the owner refuses to keep it at home and it is chasing your pets, challenging you and trying to get to your chickens?  Can I shoot the beast and drag the body back to the owner?  I find it hard to believe I do not have the right to protect my pets and chickens....and I have no idea if it would go after my child or not.  Calling the Sheriff's department is as useful as teats on a boar so what do ya do?

suggestions?

At least the scenery is beautiful.
billy-bob
Guru

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 07:49:54 AM »

I have had that same problem; even was attacked by pit-bulls several times.  Now I carry a big stick, have several air powered pellet guns, and when the situation gets out of hand beyond my control, I have called animal control and they were quick to respond.  The people were fined and their dogs were gone post haste.  I was once attacked by a neighbors dog , so I whacked it upside the head with my big stick so hard that it tried to chew through a wire fence to get back in it's yard.  Self defense is self defense; vicious dogs are deadly weapons, in my opinion, so I act accordingly and defend my self!

GOD , I'm still here!
Memyselfandi

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 05:24:33 PM »

billy-bob I agree.  I spoke with animal control this morning and was told that because they are a county operation, budget cuts and staffing cuts have made them low on man power.  So, I must contain the dog myself or give them a physical address of the owners so they can talk to them.  Well, that has not worked thusfar.  He did tell me that if the dog charges me again or threatens me or my family in any way that I can shoot it if need be.  But, I cannot shoot it for killing chickens or my pets...just livestock.  Go figure.  Crazy crap if you ask me.  we will see if it returns in the morning or this evening.

At least the scenery is beautiful.
CJ Resident
Veteran

wtf?

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 12:14:27 AM »

Can I shoot the beast and drag the body back to the owner? 

If you drag it back, that's evidence. Best if it just "disappears".

When seconds matter, the police are only minutes away.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: