Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /hermes/bosnaweb11a/b2191/ipw.cavejunc/public_html/bboard/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
The fire today!
   Google Site Search

I.V. Community Forum
December 16, 2017, 12:06:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: For those who had problems using the spell checker, it is now working properly again.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The fire today!  (Read 5639 times)
billy-bob
Guru

« on: July 19, 2008, 10:05:21 AM »

The fire today is south of the Kerby dump off the road to the right just past the dump. It is big and the wind is 12mph.  A helicopter is working the fire and two dumps by bombers have taken place.  Two hand crews are on standby and are observing the fire from a lookout. Stay safe and stay away from the dump!

GOD , I'm still here!
Kerbyite

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 04:57:53 AM »

Hey thank you for this post.  I spoke to one firefighter over at the dump and he said it was 80 miles spread out away from us and that no homes were in danger and crews would be working on it all night to put out the fire.  That was yesterday.  Have you or anyone out there heard anything new today?

Thanks

KI

billy-bob
Guru

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 06:01:32 AM »

Not yet, but I heard they were mopping up all night and I have seen spotter helos flying over.

GOD , I'm still here!
Kerbyite

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 09:20:23 AM »

smiley Thanks yeah the latest i heard is that they are still mopping it up.   Thanks for putting a note here.    this site needs a local news flash
billy-bob
Guru

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 05:36:32 PM »

I hear that.  Sometimes that's the only way you really know anything local.

GOD , I'm still here!
billy-bob
Guru

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 01:36:53 PM »

Hot off the press!  The fire was caused by someone ( probably a tweaker) burning insulation off copper wire.  It is assumed to be related to a wire theft.  What some idiots will do for a buck.

GOD , I'm still here!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: