Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /hermes/bosnaweb11a/b2191/ipw.cavejunc/public_html/bboard/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Redwood Highway Roadwork (GP)
   Google Site Search

I.V. Community Forum
December 18, 2017, 09:35:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: For those who had problems using the spell checker, it is now working properly again.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Redwood Highway Roadwork (GP)  (Read 5524 times)
CJ Resident
Veteran

wtf?

« on: July 02, 2008, 02:02:12 PM »

I noticed, on my way home this evening, that they're starting to set up the "road work" paraphernalia between Midway and RCC.

So, if fines double in a Safety Corridor and they double in a Construction Zone (both with no chance of reduction via state law) what about fines in a Construction Zone in a Safety Corridor? Do they quadruple?

We may have less sheriff patrols out there but the OSP coverage of the Redwood Highway has increased (not a bad thing). I just wish they would start fining these dillweeds that do 65 or 70 on the straights and 35 - 40 on the turns. If you can't maintain, at least, the speed limit pull the "HECK" over and let those that CAN go by. Don't speed up when someone attempts to pass you, they might have a gun. And, just because it multiplies to 4 lanes after the Applegate the speed limit doesn't change. If you can't maintain 55 BEFORE the Applegate why are you doing 65 AFTER the Applegate?

I've never been stopped, in the following area, but what jurisdiction does GP have on Redwood Hwy at RCC? Two fairly new maps I have show this to be in the county and not the city. Was this area annexed into the city at some point? I know, a police officer in the state of OR has jurisdiction anywhere in the state, on duty or off, but that place just seems like a shooting fish in a barrel revenue producer where the Sheriff or OSP should hang out.

When seconds matter, the police are only minutes away.
billy-bob
Guru

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 10:09:20 AM »

angel AMEN to your post, but it seems that the laws around here are never there when all the action is going on.  Whenever I go to GP and back I see all of what you are refering to.  Eve beautiful downtown metropolitan Kerby, with it's 40mph zone has people blastin through at 70mph.  I hope their angels fly as fast as they drive; personally, I figure I'll get there just ass soon if I obey the speed limits, as I am not in a hurry to push up daises.  AMEN

GOD , I'm still here!
CJ Resident
Veteran

wtf?

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 06:52:21 AM »

One day about a month ago when I came home from work OSP was doing a saturation patrol in the Kerby area. I saw five OSP between It's a Burl and beautiful down town CJ. Four of them had citation books in hand and the fifth was just pulling out to go after someone. First the speed limit is 40 and second the OSP that was pulling out was in such plain sight I saw him/her as soon as I came around the curve by It's a Burl. They were sitting on the side of the Hwy by Vic's place. The vehicle he was after was NB and drove right past him at whatever speed was enough for them to act.

If they would do that in CJ at between 4:30AM and 5AM they could rake in some big bucks as most of the commuters are doing 50 to 55 through there and there's one guy, in a gray Hyundia Santa Fe, that comes down Caves Hwy (4:45AM) at close to 70 and doesn't slow down through town. Funny cause he's one of those straight line drivers that hauls arse until he gets to a turn and then the rear of his vehicle lights up like a Christmas tree.

Anybody know what happened to the 50mph sign that was used to be a little before Kerbyville Farm on the NB side? It was opposite the 40mph sign that's on the SB side.

When seconds matter, the police are only minutes away.
Buster

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 01:17:10 PM »

Public Humiliation.
That might work.  Or get "big city" and get a traffic cam that snatches photos of cars as they speed.  They won't know it until they get the ticket in the mail.  Hell, after a while, replace it with a fake one and move the working one somewhere else.

Oh boy, 1 more month until I move and become one of you............................... grin

B
Stella

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 12:02:14 PM »

You may move here but it takes awhile to become"One of us" I've been here 45 years and am just now concidered "one of us" LOL!! Kinda clanish in these parts if ya know what I mean..
billy-bob
Guru

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 10:14:55 AM »

angel I drive safely because I live here and have seen too many deaths and near deaths.  Why are so many people in such a hurry even though they have no where to go that is that important.  Maybe they need to look at things from GOD's angle of vision for once in their supposedly hectic lives.

GOD , I'm still here!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: