Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /hermes/bosnaweb11a/b2191/ipw.cavejunc/public_html/bboard/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /hermes/bosnaweb11a/b2191/ipw.cavejunc/public_html/bboard/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
driving up to the Caves in April?
   Google Site Search

I.V. Community Forum
December 16, 2017, 01:20:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: For those who had problems using the spell checker, it is now working properly again.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: driving up to the Caves in April?  (Read 3582 times)
pinkmoonantiques

« on: March 15, 2008, 10:16:58 AM »

hello,
i'm a tourist.  i'm wondering if it's reasonable to expect to drive to Oregon Caves NP in early April?  specifically, we'll be in a rental car....should i expect snow on the way up????  any help would be appreciated!
CJ Resident
Veteran

wtf?

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 12:59:03 PM »

You might want to check again when it gets a little closer to your time of arrival. This is Southern Oregon and the weather is prone to change from 1 minute to the next. It makes it really hard to make any kind of travel plans but can create great "adventure" stories for later on.
Also check out the Caves web site, http://www.nps.gov/orca/, which will give you some more information. Tours start in a week or so but I'm not sure if the Caves has any communication (541-592-2100 ext. 262) this year as some dumb posteriors stole the communication fiber optic lines from several miles of poles this past winter. You could also call the IV Visitors Center (hit and miss but appear to be open Mon - Fri now) at 541-592-4076 and get up-to-date road conditions.
Enjoy!

When seconds matter, the police are only minutes away.
I.M.E.
Veteran

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 05:18:13 PM »

I don't know what the road conditions might be like at that time on the road to the Caves, but before I moved up here in 04, I had stayed in http://www.treehouses.com/ in Jan & May.  The roads from Cave Junction to there were fine.  Check it out, it's a very different kind of place.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: