Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /hermes/bosnaweb11a/b2191/ipw.cavejunc/public_html/bboard/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Childcare in the Illinois Valley
   Google Site Search

I.V. Community Forum
December 17, 2017, 10:11:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: For those who had problems using the spell checker, it is now working properly again.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Childcare in the Illinois Valley  (Read 2298 times)
Somaesthesia

« on: February 17, 2008, 02:46:49 PM »

Why must we be subject to terrible childcare options here in the Illinois Valley?  I have just pulled my son from yet another childcare (the only state registered one at the moment) because something was going on there that was clearly upsetting him.  He's too young to get a clear understanding of what exactly was happening, but regardless, I will not send my son to a childcare that is not able to provide care to him.  I have found a new provider for him.  I will be writing to the organization that funds the said childcare provider to let them know that they are putting their time and money into a provider that doesn't have the education or understanding to be caring for children.  I have talked to another parent who had similar concerns about this childcare, and had also pulled her child from care there.  I talked to another parent who says she supports thei provider, likely out of fear of losing her childcare.  Parents are stuck with the options of being jobless or putting their kids in care like this, and hoping for the best. 
This is terrible.  I also plan to write a letter to be posted in the IV News about this exact issue.  I hope my actions make the organization that funds the childcare center realize that they need to find new workers for the center if they plan to have our valley children in attendance.  We as parents and our children both deserve better than this.  We need loving, caring, and compassionate people...not gruff, controlling, and disrespectful people like we have now.  We are paying these people our hard earned money to take care of our children...not to provoke and intimidate them to either fighting back or becoming submissive to their unrealistic goals.  They are children, not robots. 
If anyone else would care to become involved in making sure that we do not have any more deadbeat childcare providers open their doors in this valley, respond to this message or email me directly at CLR4321 at hotmail dot com.  Please put "childcare in CJ" on the subject line so I don't mistake it for junk mail.  I'd like to get together a parents group for Illinois Valley families who use childcare providers here in this valley or over in GP or Medford.  We can network to ensure that our children are safe and are getting the care that they need and deserve.  Even if you do not wish to be involved, please reply with the number of children that you have in childcare to give us a better figure. 
This needs to stop NOW! 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: