Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /hermes/bosnaweb11a/b2191/ipw.cavejunc/public_html/bboard/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
How dark it is going through the construction zone north of CJ
   Google Site Search

I.V. Community Forum
December 17, 2017, 10:17:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: For those who had problems using the spell checker, it is now working properly again.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How dark it is going through the construction zone north of CJ  (Read 3824 times)
billy-bob
Guru

« on: November 20, 2007, 04:27:17 PM »

huh Is it just me or does anyone else feel that it is too dark in the construction zone?  I just know that there have been several close calls.  ALSO, heading north into Selma there are often large rocks in the lane of travel; I know, I hit one; messed me up and my car too!

GOD , I'm still here!
poodlenuts

Dorkus Maximus

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 05:20:36 AM »

that sucks about the car, glad your OK, yeah I think some lights would be nice.

CJ Resident
Veteran

wtf?

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 01:02:24 PM »

Lights would be nice but, as they are not finished with the roadway yet, impractical. Current best bet would be to SLOW DOWN pay closer attention to what's going on ahead of you. I drive that road every morning between 4:50 and 5:10 (depending on how long it has taken my significant smother to get ready) and have yet to encounter any rocks.
Biggest problem are the local rocket scientists who like to place the barricades in the road blocking the lane or lanes. I understand they have caught a couple of them and I'm thinking that the punishment should fit the crime and they should be tied to the barricades and set out in the roadway at about 2:30 AM on a rainy Saturday morning when all the other local drunks are headed home!

When seconds matter, the police are only minutes away.
dancinglion

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 03:45:57 PM »

I wrote a post about the construction zone in the "Everything Else" section, based on a true story involving actual people happening upon this pernicious place on a very dark, rainy night in a car with tires that have the unfortunate habit of hydroplaning on flooded roadways. So you can imagine how delighted I was to find myself skating along the edge of this dimly-lit, abruptly-edged masterpiece.

Your subject line begs for the wit of a Rodney Dangerfield or Margaret Cho. And the punch line? About the best I can muster is: "It was so dark that I thought I'd taken Ambien CR and was sleep-driving, until I hit a family of moles carrying lanterns."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: